Monday, April 13, 2009

Fun with my Flockmate

We had quite the weekend. It entailed a lot of driving, but I guess I'm getting used to being in the car 'cause it didn't bother me MUCH. On Saturday, we went to the vet, which wasn't fun but wasn't all that bad. The vet was really nice, and he talked in a low, unscary voice and didn't try to hold me or even look at me until I was ready to interact with him. Why, you may ask, did I have to go to the vet? I am looking pretty happy and healthy. Well, I started mimicking Tall Bird's morning cough, and she wasn't sure whether it was just a joke or if I was really sick. She's such a worry wort. (As it turns out, I am FINE. The vet called me BEAUTIFUL, and said I was CHARMING. Hah! He obviously has excellent taste. Hmm, I wonder if he also tastes good... Haha, just another one of my little jokes. I don't bite. Really. SQUAWK!)

Sunday we went to an Easter Party and there were a whole bunch of kids around sticking their tender little fingers in front of my face and saying, "Step up" until THANK GOD Tall Bird told them to stop and wait until I felt comfortable before HOVERING around me. After that, it was fun. I rode around on Tall Bird's shoulder and once almost got on her head. Everyone laughed. Then, after awhile, I was feeling much more MELLOW, so I let one of the kids scritch my head, and another one fed me a grape! I got on another one's fingers, and gave kisses all around. But I wouldn't talk, nope, no matter how much Tall Bird wanted me to. Heh, she didn't say anything about it to me, but I can READ HER LIKE A BOOK. Well, not like a book, because actually I can't read books ~ but I KNOW WHAT SHE WAS THINKING! Anyway, after we ate (I had rice and some chinese chicken salad plus that grape) and visited some more and I kissed a lot of people and got my PICTURE taken with them, I was tired and wanted to GO HOME, so I couldn't help myself, the words just popped out: LET'S GO TAKE A SHOWER! My, didn't that cause a few mouths to drop! Everyone who heard me was all, like, "Did that bird just say 'Let's go take a shower?'" Well, it wasn't exactly what I meant, but it got the job done. Tall Bird knows me too. We left right after that, and I was so happy to get home to my own little nest and get inside my cage and eat some pellets and drink some water and be left alone in peace and quiet for awhile!

Whew! Parties are fun, but they can be exhausting too.

No comments:

Post a Comment